The range of ESE terminal provide safe and efficient system for the protection of your facility from direct lightning strikes. The ESE Terminal captures the lightning energy at a preferred point. The energy is conveyed to ground via downconductor(s). When the energy enters the dedicated lightning earth, it is safely dissipated without risk to personnel and equipment.
How does the Lightning Protection System Work?
The Early Streamer Emission air terminal uses the naturally occurring electrical fie ld to complete the timely release of an pward streamer. This process provides for a safe and efficient method of controlling dangerous lightning energy at a preferred point. As a thunder storm gathers overhead the ambient electrical field surrounding the ESE begins to rise in voltage. Upon the approach of a downloader towards the protected area there is a rapid increase in the electric field which initiates the triggering of an upward streamer from the ESE terminal. The concept of earlier allows for a larger or enhanced area of protection to be provided by the ESE in comparison to a conventional rod, In accordance with NFC 17-102 (2011) With the release of the upward streamer from the finial tip earlier than other competing structural points, the ESE terminal becomes a preferred point for the capture of the lightning discharge within the protected area.
· It is easy to install and requires no special maintenance.
· It is a cost effective solution.
· Designed in compl iance as per NFC17-102 and UNE-21186.
· Stainless Steel design suitable for most environments.
· Available in three models to suit specific site requirements.
· Suitable for connection to a variety of down conductor systems including tape, wire, cable and other down conductors.